OUR VISION: ” FOOTBALL IS A GAME THAT MOVES THE HEART & SOUL. IT FILLS US WITH DREAMS & AMBITIONS!”
Planet Football was developed to help children try to fulfil those dreams and realize their ambitions, by providing a structured platform for them to improve and progress. We share their passion for football and our goal is to enhance their technical skills and game knowledge through high quality coaching practices as outlined by English FA guidelines. Our qualified coaches provide core learning sessions covering all aspects of the sport both on and off the field, as we try to instil high social morals whilst improving self-confidence to make them better members of the community.
We understand that football is a global sport which can unite people of all ages, race and creed. Pattaya has a very diverse community, with children coming from various cultural and social backgrounds and as such football is a great sport to bring these children together. Planet Football allows them to share and understand their cultural differences in a safe environment whilst participating in a sport that unites them.
At Planet Football we understand the opportunity we have to mould and influence a child’s life through sport. We try to continuously stimulate their passion for sport by guiding them through the different phases of development, whilst using the correct training and coaching methods, and giving them all the tools and support they need to progress at their own pace.
Our extensive in-house programs offer children of all abilities a chance to improve, with clear progression route for those that wish to make a career out of football. Our current available in-house programs are listed below:
We also do external sessions at some of the region’s best international schools as part of their after-school activities curriculum. We are currently coaching at Regents International School Pattaya (RISP), Garden International School Rayong (GIS), Chonburi International School (ISC) and International School of Eastern Seaboard(ISE).
The activities we provide include ‘Go Sports’ which is a mixture of sports and fun games aimed at children from 3 to 6 years. Then we have ‘Soccer School Sessions’ which are fun football training sessions aimed at children aged 7 to 12 years old. We also offer team coaching to the schools which helps them to compete in various inter school competitions in Thailand and other parts of Asia. All our sessions cover the main core skills and fundamentals as required for their relevant age groups, helping children to develop at their own pace.
We also have a healthy relationship with several other international schools and Thai schools within the region, which has helped us integrate children from within the local community.
One of our primary goals is that over time we can develop and nurture children in the hope they reach their full potential. Installing key life skills such as hard work, dedication, a never give up attitude, self-belief and respect for others are also a major part of this, as it will provide them with core skills that are fundamental in sport and in society. Through these positive actions it helps raise their self-esteem and confidence which will in turn improve how they perform on and off the field.
To make this all possible we knew we had to provide the local community with the highest quality facilities, coaches and training programs, and that is what we have done! Since our inception in 2010 we have grown year on year and have gained the reputation of being the best in the region.
How to get involved:
To take part in any of our in-house open coaching programs, you need to enrol and become a member. Simply complete the online form (LINK) and bring with you on the day of your chosen session. Or complete the membership form in the club booklet which are available in the clubhouse bar. Currently we have over three hundred children signed up as members, of which over 90 students are regular open session attendees.
We are always looking for new players, so if you are talented enough you could be invited to train with the youth academy. These children play in the various Leagues and Competitions all over the country. Currently we have over 100+ children involved in the academy aging from 7 years to 17 years old.
Planet Football was established in August 2009 by its founder Mr Martin Kinsella as sports facility for the local community. The idea came from his frequent drives around Pattaya, where he would often see local Thai children playing football in their bare feet on dirt or sand pitches. Being a father of two football mad sons who were constantly breaking windows or ornaments in his garden. He decided to solve the problem by investing in an idea which would help children in the local community to play sports in a safe environment, whilst offering them the chance of self-improvement via variouscoaching programs. His innovation in making the first artificial football stadium in Pattaya has made a huge difference to local football and sport in the region. New pitches and clubs are constantly appearing in the city and in the surrounding regions each year. Although there is more competition for talented players it can only be good for local grassroots football, which is what we strive to improve.
Historical list of events:
- Aug 2009 – Planet Football 7-A-Side construction completed – Facility opened.
- Jan 2010 – First coaching program introduced “Saturday Soccer School”
- Apr 2010 – Second coaching program introduced “Academy Training – U12’s & U14’s”
- Apr 2010 – First free children’s community football leagues start U12’s & U14’s
- Apr 2011 – Construction started on 5-A-Side pitch & Multipurpose Sports-Hall.
- May 2011 – Academy training incorporated U10’s & U16’s – New leagues created.
- Dec 2011 – Construction of new facilities complete – known as ‘Planet Football Stadium’
- Jan 2012 – Introduction of new program “Kiddy Kickers”
- Jan 2012 – FC Nova was taken over to form FC Planet Men’s team – Academy renamed accordingly.
- Feb 2012 – New Program added – First all-girls academy team (Under 18’s)
- Sep 2012 – Academy training now covered age groups from U9’s to U17’s. Leagues for all age groups.
- Jan 2013 – Reserves team added to academy coaching.
- Apr 2014 – New coaching program introduced “Development Program”
- May 2014 – Construction started on new 11-A-Side pitch.
- Sep 2014 – New Soccer School session added to Wednesdays (5pm -7pm)
- Jun 2015 – Completion of new 11-A-Side pitch, stadium still under construction.
- Dec 2015 – Stadium completed – Clubhouse, Home & Away Changing Rooms and all other amenities.
- Jan 2016 – New Stadium named ‘FC Planet Stadium’
- Jan 2016 – New open session added – Mini Kicks (ages 4-6 years) Wednesday from 4pm to 5pm
- Mar 2016 – Temporary Stand added to new facility – Seating for around 400 people –
- Aug 2016 – New all girls team added (11 to 15 years) Wednesday 5.00pm to 6.30pm
- Sep 2016 – New U9’s team added to academy coaching
- Dec 2016 – New pitch laid at Planet Football Stadium – replacing old 7-A-Side pitch
- Jan 2017 – New VIP (over35’s) League created – Every Friday from 6.00pm
- Oct 2017 – New Open sessions added – Mini Kicks, Kiddy Kickers & Soccer School now all Thursday (4pm)
- Apr 2018 – New U7’s & U8’s added to Academy.